Sunday, March 18, 2012

Birchbox: March Preview!

I'm a lucky subscriber to  Birchbox, a service which sends you four to five samples of luxury beauty items in the mail monthly. Every month I'll give you both a preview of the box I got and a detailed review of the items after I've been able to sample everything. If you're interested in getting your own box or gifting a friend, let me refer you here!

I got my Birchbox this week, and it was definitely the best one I've received all year. This month subscribers were able to choose between a normal box or a special, limited-edition Teen Vogue box handpicked by beauty editor Eva Chen. They promised "sparkle-tastic" (no, I did not make that up) picks, so of course I opted in. Luckily, after getting it, I have no regrets.



From the box...
  • Annick Goutal Petite Cherie perfume: A blend of fresh fruity notes and musk, this french fragrance is the definition of understated chic. full-size, $85
  • essie luxeffects: Layer this glittery top coat onto any polish for an eye-catching look. full-size, $8
  • Shiseido Pureness Oil-Control Blotting Papers: These mattifying tissues are coated with transparent rice powder to leave your skin perfectly shine-free. 100 sheets, $18
  • tarte LipSurgence lip tint: A blend of fresh fruity notes and musk, this french fragrance is the definition of understated chic. full-size, $24
  • twistband Hair Tie: Give your ponytail a makeover with these colorful, snag-free elastics. 12-pack, $18
  • ModCloth EXLUSIVE OFFER: Use this discount code toward a fancy new frock for spring.
 Initial Thoughts
I was so excited to get two full-sized items this box! (That doesn't happen very often!) The essie nail polish and lip tint were both full-sized, meaning that my box is already worth $32 dollars! This makes me a very happy Clueless! I'm already a fan of the essie brand, so I can't wait to experiment with the sparkles. As for the lip tint, I was initially devastated to get "Joy," an orange-y color; however, the color looks wonderful on, something that I plan to expand on when I do a product review!

I've heard great things about twistbands, but I am worried about how well it'll hold up my hair during a work-out. I'm not a huge fragrance fan, but the french perfume smells nice, so I'll give it a try. The blotting papers, however, don't excite me much.

Expect to see some reviews trickling in over the next few days!


Do you have an experience with the brands listed? Which product are you most interested in getting a review on? Let me know in the comments! XO, Clueless!

No comments:

Post a Comment