Sunday, April 1, 2012

Birchbox: March Review!

I'm a lucky subscriber to  Birchbox, a service which sends you four to five samples of luxury beauty items in the mail monthly. Every month I'll give you both a preview of the box I got and a detailed review of the items after I've been able to sample everything. If you're interested in getting your own box or gifting a friend, let me refer you here!

I said in my preview post that this Birchbox was the best I'd ever received, and after testing all the products, I can say that this is 100% true! I opted in for the Teen Vogue box instead of the normal box, simply because I was tired of getting skincare products and wanted the color and the glitter. Birchbox and Teen Vogue definitely delivered!



Annick Goutal Petite Cherie perfume
I was really excited to get this sample even though I don't use much fragrance simply because it was french. French. I'm fancy, huh? I really did like the smell -it made me think of summer with its peach scent. However, it took me SO LONG to figure out how to apply it. I was expecting a spray tube, but instead it had a little stick on the cap. I sort of used the little stick to rub the scent on my wrist, but I really don't know if I did it right. Honestly, I don't think you could smell it on, so I was disappointed. I'm planning to swap the product with someone else.
The Verdict? The scent was lovely, but I don't think it really worked. I'm not planning to buy this product.


essie luxeffects
I should mention that I just got into painting my nails. I never did much over the years simply because I hate chipped nails and never realized that by buying higher quality products, I'd have much longer wear time. (Looking back, it doesn't seem that hard to figure out.) I bought two new Essie colors the other day, and I was so excited to add this glitter polish to my collection. I love the look of the glitter, though it is very thick. I used it to make a neat accent nail because it's too thick, in my opinion, to wear on every nail. (I'm planning to post a tutorial of how to make the accent nail in the next couple of weeks!) The only con was that it was pretty hard to remove. Overall, though, I loved this polish.
The Verdict? Since I was sent a full size, it'll be a while before I need more. I am planning to replace this product, however, when it's gone.


Shiseido Pureness Oil-Control Blotting Papers
Full disclosure here: I never actually tested this product. I fully follow my third commandment and already use e.l.f. blotting papers that I can get from Target for a dollar. Instead of trying this sample, I figured I'd save it for a swap or a giveaway.
The Verdict? Although I'm sure it's a great product, I'm good with my dollar shine erasers. I am not planning to buy this product. 


tarte LipSurgence lip tint
As I mentioned in my preview post, I was pretty bummed about this product at first, even though it was full-sized. Orange for my lips? This isn't the 80s. However, don't let the color of the tube full you. This orange lip tint made my lips look a lovely, natural-looking coral. It was subtle enough to not overdo it but stood out enough to make me feel special. Plus, the moisturizing ingredients made my lips feel really soft! I've been wearing this lip tint at some point almost every day so far, and I can't get enough. I swear, it's like Birchbox knows me better than I know myself sometimes. I would have never picked this out on my own, but I'm so glad I got it in my box.
The Verdict? Soft lips, amazing color, AND cruelty free? Yup, I am definitely planing to buy this product.  

  
twistband Hair Tie
I'm actually pleasantly surprised with this little hair tie. I have really thick hair that likes to, somehow, fall out of ponytail holders. (Which is weird, when I think about it. You'd think thin hair would have a harder time staying up.) I didn't expect this hair tie to actually hold my hair, but it's done a pretty good job at all my dance rehearsals. Admittedly, I have to tighten the pony every now and then, but overall I'm pleased. My only concern is how long this thing will last while still looking good. It's already getting a little dingy, and it hasn't even been a month yet.
The Verdict? I'm pleased, but I'm not sure if I will ever purchase this for myself or not. We'll have to see for now.





Do any of these products look interesting to you? Would you purchase any of them? Let me know in the comments! XO, Clueless!

2 comments:

  1. I was the same way with nail polish! I just started using it in the past three months and now have a pretty nice little collection. I always hated the chipped nails I would get too. It's amazing how one quality bottle of polish can change my outlook. Great review by the way! :D I'm very jealous of your twistband color too. I got plain black, but wanted a pretty spring color like that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more and more I read your blog and comments, the more and more I think we are very alike. Except you are better at applying eye liner, haha. XD

      Delete